You may experience lag in these older versions of Google Chrome and Mac operating systems (OSs):
- Google Chrome 65 or 66, and
- If you are running MacOS El Capitan or Yosemite on your Mac.
Checking your browser version and OS
To check your current version of Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome on the top left-hand menu
2. Click on About Google Chrome
3. Your current Google Chrome browser version will be displayed under "Settings" tab
To check your current Mac OS:
- Click the apple icon in the top left-hand corner of your mac screen
- Click “About This Mac.”
- Your current operating system will be displayed under the “Overview” tab of the pop-up window.
How to remove lag
- Update Chrome, then re-launch your browser.
- Update your Mac OS to High Sierra or the latest OS available.
If you've tried these solutions and are still experiencing lag, contact our support team.
Why do brushes make my BioRender app lag?
If your brush gets too long, it can cause BioRender to lag. Typically, this only happens if your brush is 4x larger than the canvas or more.
If you find brushes are slowing down your BioRender, there’s a couple things you can do:
- Reduce the size of the brush
- Break up a large brush into a few smaller ones
If you try both of these options and continue to experience lag, please contact support.