You can copy and paste icons and grouped icons, shapes, lines, or other objects within a single illustration, or from one illustration to another. You can copy and paste using either keyboard shortcuts or the menu.
Note: BioRender objects can’t be copy-pasted to other programs (like PowerPoint). Instead, you’ll need to export your figure.
Copy-paste within BioRender
To copy and paste an object within BioRender:
- Select the object(s) you want to copy, and press Ctrl + C (Mac: Cmd + C). Alternatively, click Edit, then click Copy from the top menu.
- Click Ctrl + V (Mac: Cmd + V) to paste your object(s), or click Edit > Paste.
Additional keyboard shortcuts for copy-paste:
- Select an object, then hold down Alt (Mac: Option) while dragging to make a copy while leaving the original in place.
- Ctrl + Shift + V (Mac: Cmd + Shift + V) to paste in place.
Copy-paste between BioRender illustrations
If you’re pasting between BioRender illustrations, you’ll likely find it easiest to have two browser windows open so you can easily switch between them. Then, simply copy-paste as you would within a single illustration.
Copy-paste an image from other websites into BioRender
You can paste image and vector files (png, jpg, eps, svg) into BioRender from other programs or websites. There are two ways to paste from other websites.
- Find the image on the web that you want to add to BioRender.
- Copy-paste (Ctrl+C and then Ctrl+V; Cmd+C and then Cmd+V on Mac) the image into BioRender.
- Name your icon and add keywords. This will make it easier for you to search and find later.
- Click Upload. The object will be added directly to your canvas.
Note: The uploaded images are saved in Uploads on the left toolbar for later use.