Some BioRender users may experience lagging issues when they use the BioRender app in certain versions of Google Chrome and under certain outdated Mac operating systems (OS).
You may experience slowness and lagging issues if you are using Google Chrome 65 or 66, and if you are using a Mac computer that is running under MacOS El Capitan or Yosemite.
Want to check if this applies to you?
To check your current version of Google Chrome:
- Open Chrome and select the three dots menu icon in the top right.
- Select Help and About Google Chrome.
- A new window should appear with the version number in it.
To check your current Mac OS:
- Click the apple icon in the top left-hand corner of your mac screen
- Click “About This Mac”
- Your current operating system will be displayed under the “Overview” tab of the pop-up window
To solve lagging issues on your computer, try the following:
- Update your Chrome browser (you sometimes need to relaunch your browser to complete the update)
- Update your Mac OS to MacOS High Sierra or the latest OS available
Tried everything and still experiencing issues?
Please contact our support team if you continue to experience lagging or slowness issues after trying all of the above.