You can export your image easily from BioRender through the Canvas or your Gallery, and customize the size, resolution and file format.
Please note that some export formats are only available on Premium plans. For more information on our plans and export options, please see below.
How to export your image from your Canvas
1. Click Export from the top-right corner.
2. Select your file size, file format and resolution. To learn about our supported file formats, check out our help article here.
3. If you would like to generate a publication license for your file, please select the box “I would like a publication license with this export” to confirm. (Note: This is only available for our Premium Accounts. To learn more, see our article on our Premium Plans.)
4. Click Export. The image file will download to your default Downloads folder on your local drive.
How to export your image from your Gallery
In your Gallery, click on the three dots on the illustration you would like to export.
2. Click on Export.
3. Select your file type and resolution.
4. Click on Export. The image file will download to your default Downloads folder on your local drive.
BioRender Basic (our free plan)
72 Dpi resolution
72, 150, 300 and 600* DPi resolution
PNG (with optional transparent background)
PDF (with optional vector text)
*600 DPI only available for illustrations, not posters
⚠️ If you are using pixels as your dimensions on your exports, you will not be able to choose DPI. If you want to select DPI. You will need to use either inches or centimetres as your dimension setting.
If you have any questions or concerns:
Open our chat messenger (bottom-right of any BioRender web page).